To spring into action means to start doing something quickly. This is often in response to a stimulus and after spending time waiting to start.
Spring is here, my 2nd favourite season (Autumn just about wins it for me) – but my daffodils are the only thing springing quickly at the moment as I have been procrastinating and yet somehow multi-tasking all at the same time which has left me totally overwhelmed. But, here I am recognising it, accepting it and learning. So after a lovely Easter Bank Holiday, a rejuggle and focus on priorities, I am relieved to say, I feel half ‘normal’ again!
Here’s what I have been up to:
- Judging the Corporate Receptionist of the Year Awards.
- Editing podcast recordings.
- Writing: Academic journal + Book #2.
- Walked 100 miles for WWF (£105 raised).
- Training for Race for Life in June.
- Gardening and growing veg.
- Settling into life at Vpod. I joined in January as Group Director of Workplace Consultancy and Transformation and it’s been a blast so far. I’m really enjoying being back in the UK time zone, mixing with the workplace sector gang, and getting out and about to customer sites and our offices when I choose.
- I’ve been delivering on a few different consultancy projects to implement new ways of working, workplace technologies and change management.
- Written and delivered workshops.
- Launched our “Human-Tech Lab” in partnership with EMCOR and Ian Baker CIWFM which was an absolute delight. The whitepaper will be released soon so pop a comment below if you’d like a nudge when it’s ready.
- Built out content for our website pages / marketing collateral as we gear up to launch our official Workplace Consultancy offering – Sneak preview here.
I’m speaking at a few events coming up:
- Thursday 20th April – IWFM North at the Flutter office – Leeds
- Wednesday 26th April – The Workplace Event – Birmingham
- Tuesday 23rd May-Thursday 25th May – Clerkenwell Design Week – London
If you haven’t already, have a listen to season 1 and 2 as we gear up to launch season 3. SHAPE your work with my co-host Ali Khan.
Applications will soon be live as we look to appoint 3 x Non-Executive Directors at our AGM in July. Are you interested? Would you like to know more? Have a read here and reach out if you’d like to chat.
Here’s some completed projects to spark some ideas for you:
- CPD workshops re: employee experience, how to build a culture of psychological safety, future ways of working, utilising workplace technology to drive the employee experience, EDI and belonging.
- Implemented Hybrid Working to a global organisation.
- Supporting an organisation to procure CAFM software.
- Scoping the user requirements for workplace experience tech.
- An FM leadership role retainer with a fast growing business.
- Guest Lectures.
- Measurement of Workplace Wellbeing, analysis and building out a change roadmap.
- The implementation of an FM Target Operating Model.
What challenges do you need any extra pair of hands/brain on right now? – If you would like to chat about how we can work together DM me or reach out here.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Be a good human,
Leave a Reply